Friday, April 6, 2007

Initial Exposition

Let's make something perfectly clear.

This isn't for you, it's for me.

I spend inordinate amounts of time writing, be it various vignettes in frivolous fiction, miscellaneous musings on the morality of modern men, or unpromising prose and poetry (perhaps of no permissible purpose). I think I know far more on what I think I know than I know, whereas I know far more than I think on what I think I do not know.

Like all humans, I am ruled by a series of contradictions, the kind that the salient ruminate upon and the unaware aggravate others with. A pacifist who listens to gangsta rap (but prefers more insightful and soulful music), a loner who prefers company but shuns it repeatedly, a student who rarely applies himself yet continues to do well, a writer who rarely feels like writing. I gain the greatest enthusiasm about projects that are the first to fall. I love politics but hate politicians. Fantasy, comic books, and the unreality in general are my passions, yet I remain unintentionally grounded and pragmatic in all things.

Let the ride begin.